Lust For Love: I am so glad I was able to be a part of making Lust For Love! We officially wrapped production on Thursday and it’s still kind of surreal that I won’t be spending 12+ hours a day with those people. It was a fantastic experience all around. On the last day, we filmed on a rooftop in downtown Los Angeles and I used Reeli (created by none other than Enver Gjokaj and his brother) to put together the above video. I hope you all like it. 🙂
Superladies in Sweaters by Hanie Mohd: I absolutely adore Hanie’s adorable series of DC ladies (and a Marvel or two) in sweaters. Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and Kate Kane (Batwoman) up there in their capelets (batwings!) have to be my favorites, but they’re all so great.
“Cut the Cheese” Knife Set: As a lifelong cheese lover, I can absolutely see how these would come in handy. Different knives for different types of cheese! Brilliant.
Grab your gold bikinis! San Diego City Council has ok’d the convention center expansion for SDCC. Sure, it won’t be ready until 2020 at the earliest, but that will sure make for a nice change at ever-packed Comic Con.
Links I Heart:
- Where Are the Women in Christmas Movies? by Me over at Bitch Flicks: Self-serving? Partially! But I’m pretty pleased with this one, so check it out!
- New Book Blogger FAQ by Presenting Lenore: Completely informative look at book blogging and any information one could want on that topic.
- Walt Disney, The Maverick, a guest essay by Jon Favreau at Hero Complex
- Fug Nation’s Official Holiday Gift Guide by my favorite Fug Girls: I’ve seen a lot of gift guides around this year, but theirs features great stuff that are well within budget, they’re upfront that they are not receiving compensation for anything featured, and if you buy any of the things they have up, a portion will go to charity. Love.
- That Time Hedy Lamarr Invented WiFi at The Mary Sue: one word: badass.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Christmas by Green Kitchen Stories: A wonderful-looking vegan, gluten free menu option for the holidays.