Martini Sueded Studded Loafers by Jeffrey Campbell: I’ve seen some great “smoking loafers” lately and I’m seriously loving this wine-colored, studded version. I’ve never been one for loafers, but there are so many awesome versions lately that I may be a convert. Continue reading »
Sorbet Drop Earrings by Rocks Paper Metal: How pretty are these earrings? Rocks Paper Metal’s Etsy shop is filled with pretties, but I think these are particularly awesome since I just won a pair from The Fashionable Esq! I’m so excited for them to arrive.
The Cabin in the Woods: I knew there was a high probability I’d love The Cabin in the Woods, but now it’s at the point where the more I think about it, the more I love it. Hopefully I’ll be going to see it again soon!
Spring Clover Crochet Headband by hi tree! Another of my favorite Etsy shops recently added a bunch of new items and these headbands are my favorites. I definitely need one of these to sport this spring.
(All Whedon) Links I Heart:
- Joss Whedon Answers My Q’s via Pop Candy: In which Joss Whedon describes, in detail, what he thinks would go down in a fight between Buffy and Black Widow. Oh Joss, I just can’t even deal. <3
- Buffy Comic Spin-Offs Starring Spike and Willow Get Release Dates via EW: Dark Horse mini-series starring Spike and Willow, respectively? I am SO there!
- Joss Whedon Still Wants To Do That Giles Spin-Off via The Mary Sue: Umm. Yes please!
- ‘Cabin in the Woods’: Fran Kranz’s Higher Education at ‘Pot School’ via Hero Complex: Hero Complex talks to Fran about Cabin in the Woods, Joss, and even Lust for Love!
- Why Cabin in the Woods is So Awesome via The Mary Sue: This spoiler-heavy review is spot-on, as I’d expect from the ladies of The Mary Sue. Seriously, if you haven’t seen Cabin in the Woods yet, remedy that.
Khaleesi Shirt & Targaryen Stein: The start of Season 2 of Game of Thrones has definitely reignited my love for House Targaryen. HBO has a bunch of awesome Targaryen items and these are two of my favorites.
Nail Polish (duh!): It’s pretty obvious that nail polish and I are having a bit of a moment and that Sinful Colors is kind of a new obsession. Even better? At Rite Aid right now (if you have their membership card), Sinful Colors polishes are buy one, get one half off, which means those four colors were a grand total of $6! They had a huge selection too. PLUS I got two coupons on my receipt, each for $2 off a purchase. It’s pretty great that Rite Aid is completely feeding my addiction.
Psychic City Earrings via ISWAS+WILLBE: My favorite jewelry designers on Etsy have another fantastic new creation in these Psychic City Earrings! Hand-cut brass, chunky black tourmaline, and vintage chain add up to some seriously fab earrings. I would be so happy to rock these for a night out (or several)!
Links I Heart:
- Young People in the Recession – The War Against Youth via Esquire: This rings truer than anything I’ve read in a long time.
- Fug Madness 2012: One Fugging Winner, One Fugging Moment via The Fug Girls: Every year, the Fug Girls host Fug Madness, a bracket-based showdown of terrible fashion over the last year and it is the MOST fun. This year’s winner really fugged it up.
- Down the Who Hole by Lucy Knisley: An illustrator devours the first four seasons of Doctor Who and documents the experience, complete with fantastic doodles.
- I Am Not Sorry! by Gala Darling: AKA stop apologizing for yourself.
- 25 Great Superheroine Covers of the Past Year via She Has No Head! There’s some seriously great stuff in here.
- Katniss, Hermione, ‘Brave’: Defiant Girls with Old Souls Rule via Hero Complex: well duh!
- Whimsical Bohemian Wedding Inspiration via Green Wedding Shoes: I started following a couple wedding blogs when I recently became a maid of honor and this wedding shoot it just too pretty not to share. The wisteria branches! The hair! The bouquets! That cake!
Custom Royal Futura Turquoise via Fab.com: This refurbished 1960s typewriter is so ridiculously fantastic. It is, sadly, way out of my price range, but that doesn’t mean I can’t lust over all the super pretty offerings from Kasbah Mod.
Zou Bisou Bisou on vinyl: Anyone who watched last Sunday’s season opener of Mad Men knows that one of the standout moments was when Megan Draper sang this song to Don at his surprise party. Well apparently, that version was actually recorded by the actress who plays Megan, Jessica Paré and it’s being sold on iTunes as well as on vinyl via Insound. Pretty far out, I must say.
Nerd Lacquer: Oh Etsy, you truly have the best stuff. For instance: this fantastic collection of gorgeous sci-fi-inspired nail polishes. Oh yes, you read that right. The shop’s on hiatus at the moment because apparently orders got so backed up that she had to close temporarily until they’re fulfilled. With colors as as pretty and fun as I Aim To Misbehave, Event Horizon, and All of Time and Space, it’s easy to see why.
Polaroid Z340 via Photojojo: This isn’t your average Polaroid! The Polaroid Z340 prints photos instantly, with or without the classic Polaroid border. However, it’s also a 14 megapixel digital camera that saves the images as you take them, allows you to crop and edit before printing (if you so choose), and even allows for uploading of images you have stored on your computer for printing. As Meli said, “mama wants.”
Links I Heart:
- Hunger Games Themed Party via Miss Melificent: Meli knocked it out of the park with her awesome Hunger Games party!
- DIY Starfish Hairclips via Tiny Tangerines: So so cute!
- Hunger Games’ Success and What It Means for Female Action Films via The Mary Sue: Hopefully it means quite a lot!
- 25 Great Superheroine Moments via She Has No Head! This makes me want to seek out so many of these storylines. Great stuff.
- Batwoman Cover 10 via JH Williams: Mr. Williams shares his process for the fabulous cover art for the tenth issue of Batwoman. I love seeing how it goes from start to finish.
- Racist Hunger Games Fans are Very Disappointed via Jezebel: Just to be clear, I don’t actually heart this. I think it’s awful, but it’s definitely something people should be aware of. This reaction absolutely baffles me. Further reading: yes, the poor girl knows about this and an interesting look at the issue from MovieBob.
Green Sequined Dress from ASOS: I die over this dress. Seriously. There have been quite a few sequined dresses that have caught my eye lately, but this is so so perfect. The green color, the flattering shape, the abundance of sparkle, and the fact that it’s on sale right now? Hold me back!
Red Velvet Slouchy Cupcake Hat by Twinkie Chan! Seriously, could this be any more adorable? She even does them in custom flavors so you could grab a mint chip or pink frosted cupcake if you’re so inclined.