Martini Sueded Studded Loafers by Jeffrey Campbell: I’ve seen some great “smoking loafers” lately and I’m seriously loving this wine-colored, studded version. I’ve never been one for loafers, but there are so many awesome versions lately that I may be a convert. Continue reading
Wow, it really has been a while. My birthday was April 30th and to celebrate I decided to spend the day at the beach with friends. Naturally, I put together a cute little outfit, which included this fun project: my hippie-ish birthday crown! Despite this post being a little behind, it was just too fun not to share.
Sorbet Drop Earrings by Rocks Paper Metal: How pretty are these earrings? Rocks Paper Metal’s Etsy shop is filled with pretties, but I think these are particularly awesome since I just won a pair from The Fashionable Esq! I’m so excited for them to arrive.
The Cabin in the Woods: I knew there was a high probability I’d love The Cabin in the Woods, but now it’s at the point where the more I think about it, the more I love it. Hopefully I’ll be going to see it again soon!
Spring Clover Crochet Headband by hi tree! Another of my favorite Etsy shops recently added a bunch of new items and these headbands are my favorites. I definitely need one of these to sport this spring.
(All Whedon) Links I Heart:
- Joss Whedon Answers My Q’s via Pop Candy: In which Joss Whedon describes, in detail, what he thinks would go down in a fight between Buffy and Black Widow. Oh Joss, I just can’t even deal. <3
- Buffy Comic Spin-Offs Starring Spike and Willow Get Release Dates via EW: Dark Horse mini-series starring Spike and Willow, respectively? I am SO there!
- Joss Whedon Still Wants To Do That Giles Spin-Off via The Mary Sue: Umm. Yes please!
- ‘Cabin in the Woods’: Fran Kranz’s Higher Education at ‘Pot School’ via Hero Complex: Hero Complex talks to Fran about Cabin in the Woods, Joss, and even Lust for Love!
- Why Cabin in the Woods is So Awesome via The Mary Sue: This spoiler-heavy review is spot-on, as I’d expect from the ladies of The Mary Sue. Seriously, if you haven’t seen Cabin in the Woods yet, remedy that.
Khaleesi Shirt & Targaryen Stein: The start of Season 2 of Game of Thrones has definitely reignited my love for House Targaryen. HBO has a bunch of awesome Targaryen items and these are two of my favorites.
Nail Polish (duh!): It’s pretty obvious that nail polish and I are having a bit of a moment and that Sinful Colors is kind of a new obsession. Even better? At Rite Aid right now (if you have their membership card), Sinful Colors polishes are buy one, get one half off, which means those four colors were a grand total of $6! They had a huge selection too. PLUS I got two coupons on my receipt, each for $2 off a purchase. It’s pretty great that Rite Aid is completely feeding my addiction.
Psychic City Earrings via ISWAS+WILLBE: My favorite jewelry designers on Etsy have another fantastic new creation in these Psychic City Earrings! Hand-cut brass, chunky black tourmaline, and vintage chain add up to some seriously fab earrings. I would be so happy to rock these for a night out (or several)!
Links I Heart:
- Young People in the Recession – The War Against Youth via Esquire: This rings truer than anything I’ve read in a long time.
- Fug Madness 2012: One Fugging Winner, One Fugging Moment via The Fug Girls: Every year, the Fug Girls host Fug Madness, a bracket-based showdown of terrible fashion over the last year and it is the MOST fun. This year’s winner really fugged it up.
- Down the Who Hole by Lucy Knisley: An illustrator devours the first four seasons of Doctor Who and documents the experience, complete with fantastic doodles.
- I Am Not Sorry! by Gala Darling: AKA stop apologizing for yourself.
- 25 Great Superheroine Covers of the Past Year via She Has No Head! There’s some seriously great stuff in here.
- Katniss, Hermione, ‘Brave’: Defiant Girls with Old Souls Rule via Hero Complex: well duh!
- Whimsical Bohemian Wedding Inspiration via Green Wedding Shoes: I started following a couple wedding blogs when I recently became a maid of honor and this wedding shoot it just too pretty not to share. The wisteria branches! The hair! The bouquets! That cake!
Kate Spade “New Bond Street – Florence” Satchel: I cannot even begin to tell you how much I covet this bag! The hot pink is undeniably awesome as well, but I am completely drawn to this fabulous orange color. If someone wants to send me this for my birthday next month, I sure wouldn’t complain. ;)