Martini Sueded Studded Loafers by Jeffrey Campbell: I’ve seen some great “smoking loafers” lately and I’m seriously loving this wine-colored, studded version. I’ve never been one for loafers, but there are so many awesome versions lately that I may be a convert. Continue reading »
Lust For Love: I am so glad I was able to be a part of making Lust For Love! We officially wrapped production on Thursday and it’s still kind of surreal that I won’t be spending 12+ hours a day with those people. It was a fantastic experience all around. On the last day, we filmed on a rooftop in downtown Los Angeles and I used Reeli (created by none other than Enver Gjokaj and his brother) to put together the above video. I hope you all like it.
- My first winter seasonal of the year, perfect avocados for guacamole, & a rainy California morning.
- A visit to an awesome new bookshop: Mysterious Galaxy, sunset from a Palos Verdes cliff, & Redondo Beach from the top of the hill of death.
- The first time I’ve seen 6am in quite a while, a portobello for my vegetarian Thanksgiving dish, & Kimba, of course.
new and/or favorite blogs of the month:
- The Mary Sue: “A Guide to Girl Geek Culture.” They seem to write about anything and everything that can be considered geeky, from comics to Game of Thrones to Wizarding World of Harry Potter, all from the female perspective.
- Girls Read Comics Too: “The Comic World From a Female Point of View.” A similar concept to The Mary Sue, but this one’s focused entirely on comics. One of my favorite things they do is a feature called “Women in Comics” that highlights female authors, artists, etc. in the male-dominated comic world.
Upcycled Suitcase Pet Bed by Atomic Attic: This isn’t the first time I’ve seen Upcycled Suitcase Cat Beds, but they never fail to delight me. This one by Atomic Attic is so ridiculously cute. I would love to have one of these for Kimba!
Strawberry Banana Chobani: I’m pretty in love with Chobani yogurt in general, but the Strawberry Banana flavor is my favorite by far. It’s seriously delicious for a healthy treat!
Catwoman vs. Wonder Woman Shoes by André: Apparently these babies are only available in France, but I’m sure they’ll be popping up online somewhere or other. I would so sport either of the pairs of flats on the right or the blue Brogues in the bottom middle. They’re super cute (oh yes, I just did that).
Gin, Rum, & Whiskey Tea Set by Trixie Delicious: I absolutely love this idea of very proper-looking teacups painted up with “whiskey,” “gin,” and “rum.” There’s no hiding what’s actually in your teacup with these! They’d make a perfect gift for your favorite lush.
Brave from Pixar: I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for Pixar’s first female leading lady and first fairy tale! A feisty Scottish lass complete with a head of flaming red hair seems perfect to me. Hop over to Hero Complex to watch the full trailer.
Links I Heart:
- Cauliflower “Breadsticks” Recipe from Mama Grubbs Grub: A healthy “breadsticks” option? Sign me up!
- “Immortals” and “Man of Steel”: Henry Cavill Was Raised to Fly from Hero Complex
- How Spotify Works from NPR’s The Record: This is something I’ve actually wondered about, so it makes for a pretty interesting read.
- Estate Sales 101 by The Dainty Squid: I’ve seen so many people post great finds from estate sales but I’ve never had a clue how to go about finding any myself. This is a great starting point.
- Fonts in Use by Nubby Twiglet: A resource for identifying fonts used on various products. Pretty neat! FontsinUse.com
- Trntbl.me: This is a neat little site that aggregates every song you’ve ever posted on Tumblr into a playlist! If you click the link, you can check out mine. All you have to do is put in your username. Love it.
Many of you know this already, but for those who don’t: I am a huge Joss Whedon fan. I’m basically on board with everything he does. Naturally, that includes the reboot of Buffy in comic book form. I enjoyed Season 8 and the first book of Season 9 came out last Tuesday. So on Tuesday I made my trip over to The Comic Bug to pick up my copy.
I also picked up the first issue of Angel & Faith, which came out a couple weeks ago. Both issues are great starts to the new series and I’m looking forward to seeing where they’ll go. It seems like Buffy’s really returning to their roots, which should be excellent. Hero Complex had a neat interview about the direction of Season Nine: Buffy’s Toughest Challenge Won’t Be Supernatural.
As I mentioned in my last post, Friday was my brother’s birthday. For his birthday dinner, he chose The Counter where you make “custom built burgers.” I’d been wanting to try it, so I was pretty excited! When you sit down, they hand you a clipboard menu and you check off all the options you want on your burger.
Naturally, I ordered a pint of Arrogant Bastard when I saw they had it on tap. For my burger, I went with the veggie burger with brie, mixed greens, tomato, grilled onions, avocado, & garlic aioli on a pretzel bun. Holy moly that was good.
I’ll leave you with that monster for today! I’d say if they open a Counter near you, you should probably go check it out. We all got completely different burgers in the end and I know everyone else greatly enjoyed theirs as well. It was a treat!