Martini Sueded Studded Loafers by Jeffrey Campbell: I’ve seen some great “smoking loafers” lately and I’m seriously loving this wine-colored, studded version. I’ve never been one for loafers, but there are so many awesome versions lately that I may be a convert. Continue reading »
Sorbet Drop Earrings by Rocks Paper Metal: How pretty are these earrings? Rocks Paper Metal’s Etsy shop is filled with pretties, but I think these are particularly awesome since I just won a pair from The Fashionable Esq! I’m so excited for them to arrive.
The Cabin in the Woods: I knew there was a high probability I’d love The Cabin in the Woods, but now it’s at the point where the more I think about it, the more I love it. Hopefully I’ll be going to see it again soon!
Spring Clover Crochet Headband by hi tree! Another of my favorite Etsy shops recently added a bunch of new items and these headbands are my favorites. I definitely need one of these to sport this spring.
(All Whedon) Links I Heart:
- Joss Whedon Answers My Q’s via Pop Candy: In which Joss Whedon describes, in detail, what he thinks would go down in a fight between Buffy and Black Widow. Oh Joss, I just can’t even deal. <3
- Buffy Comic Spin-Offs Starring Spike and Willow Get Release Dates via EW: Dark Horse mini-series starring Spike and Willow, respectively? I am SO there!
- Joss Whedon Still Wants To Do That Giles Spin-Off via The Mary Sue: Umm. Yes please!
- ‘Cabin in the Woods’: Fran Kranz’s Higher Education at ‘Pot School’ via Hero Complex: Hero Complex talks to Fran about Cabin in the Woods, Joss, and even Lust for Love!
- Why Cabin in the Woods is So Awesome via The Mary Sue: This spoiler-heavy review is spot-on, as I’d expect from the ladies of The Mary Sue. Seriously, if you haven’t seen Cabin in the Woods yet, remedy that.
Time for another edition of Things I Heart! Let’s jump right in, shall we?
John Green’s “An Abundance of Covers” design contest. One trend I’ve been in love with recently is the extra care and attention great book cover design has been given. I read about this contest the other day and it made me wish I had the graphic design skills to come up with something myself! John Green, a fantastic young adult author, and Penguin Books are holding a contest for a reader/fan to design the cover for the next edition of An Abundance of Katherines. How great is that?
Nubby Twiglet’s collaboration with Rock n’ Roll Bride to create Rock n’ Roll Bride Magazine’s first issue! Reading through Nubby Twiglet’s blog is always something like typography porn, but looking through the layouts she did for Rock n’ Roll Bride’s first print magazine just goes above and beyond. It’s a beautiful collaboration between two bad-ass ladies making things happen for themselves and it doesn’t get much better than that.
Wilco‘s latest album, The Whole Love. Wilco has been one of my favorite bands for a few years now and their latest album certainly doesn’t disappoint! (For a better full review than I could hope to do, check out Dan Weiss of SF Weekly’s First Listen). I particularly wanted to highlight how fantastic the album art and packaging is for this album. I love when a band obviously takes care to make the whole package fantastic. There’s a full book with all the lyrics and even a sleeve for the CD, a la record sleeves. It makes me a little too happy.
Photo Jojo’s Digital Time-Lapse Camera: Seriously, how much fun would this be!? I can see myself having a blast making time-lapses of so many different things. I think it would be particularly awesome for road trips! Time-Lapse as you drive up the coast? Fantastic.
LINKS I HEART:
- “A Conversation with Woz” about Steve Jobs by Dan Lyons.
- “DIY Lace & Fabric Coasters” Super fun DIY tutorial by Susannah Bean!
- “Create Disneyland in Your Heart Every Day” by the ever-fantastic and inspirational Gala Darling.
- “Nubby & Gala – The Enchanted” Nubby Twiglet & Gala Darling have my favorite blogger friendship around and this photo shoot they did together is so magical. Sequins! Mickey Ears! Nature! Love it.
Have a beautiful weekend, m’loves.