Martini Sueded Studded Loafers by Jeffrey Campbell: I’ve seen some great “smoking loafers” lately and I’m seriously loving this wine-colored, studded version. I’ve never been one for loafers, but there are so many awesome versions lately that I may be a convert. Continue reading
- Sinful Colors’ Cinderella – this color has been hyped on a lot of nail polish blogs and I do have to say it’s lovely. It took a few coats, but it’s so pretty in the sun.
- Revlon’s Gold Coin – this is my favorite metallic currently. In fact, I have it on my nails now as an accent to Essie’s Fear or Desire (which I got for free as a Klout perk!) and it’s a pretty fab combo.
- Milani Jewel FX in Gems – this is another new-to-me cruelty free drug store brand that I bought on impulse and I was very happy with the results! A fun multi-color glitter.
Wow, it really has been a while. My birthday was April 30th and to celebrate I decided to spend the day at the beach with friends. Naturally, I put together a cute little outfit, which included this fun project: my hippie-ish birthday crown! Despite this post being a little behind, it was just too fun not to share.
Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing completely for a while there. I spent about six weeks working on Mark Wright’s Hollywood Nights and the schedule essentially took over my life. We did a bunch of fun things like going to Yosemite for five days where I snapped the above shot. THEN one of my very best friends got married on the 17th, so any spare time I did have kind of went towards that! It’s been crazy and fun and I’ve loved every minute of it.
Here’s Kim and I after her rehearsal dinner – bride and maid of honor! So basically with the show wrapped and Kim off on her honeymoon, I have quite a bit more free time at the moment. I’m hoping to use some of it to get back to the fashion, fun, and geekery formerly present here. I admittedly already have quite a few outfit photos piled up for posts and with Meli & Augi‘s visit for Comic Con only a few weeks away, I’m sure I’ll have plenty to write about! I hope at least some of you are still around to read it. xx Anika
Sorbet Drop Earrings by Rocks Paper Metal: How pretty are these earrings? Rocks Paper Metal’s Etsy shop is filled with pretties, but I think these are particularly awesome since I just won a pair from The Fashionable Esq! I’m so excited for them to arrive.
The Cabin in the Woods: I knew there was a high probability I’d love The Cabin in the Woods, but now it’s at the point where the more I think about it, the more I love it. Hopefully I’ll be going to see it again soon!
Spring Clover Crochet Headband by hi tree! Another of my favorite Etsy shops recently added a bunch of new items and these headbands are my favorites. I definitely need one of these to sport this spring.
(All Whedon) Links I Heart:
- Joss Whedon Answers My Q’s via Pop Candy: In which Joss Whedon describes, in detail, what he thinks would go down in a fight between Buffy and Black Widow. Oh Joss, I just can’t even deal. <3
- Buffy Comic Spin-Offs Starring Spike and Willow Get Release Dates via EW: Dark Horse mini-series starring Spike and Willow, respectively? I am SO there!
- Joss Whedon Still Wants To Do That Giles Spin-Off via The Mary Sue: Umm. Yes please!
- ‘Cabin in the Woods’: Fran Kranz’s Higher Education at ‘Pot School’ via Hero Complex: Hero Complex talks to Fran about Cabin in the Woods, Joss, and even Lust for Love!
- Why Cabin in the Woods is So Awesome via The Mary Sue: This spoiler-heavy review is spot-on, as I’d expect from the ladies of The Mary Sue. Seriously, if you haven’t seen Cabin in the Woods yet, remedy that.